One thing I enjoy about Jenna is her ability to play with ANYTHING. She can take any two inanimate objects and make them come alive. Once, in the car, two pretzels conversed and played for about an hour. Beautiful!
Today I found Jenna playing with her brother's castle and Star Wars guys. She had added two princesses to the mix (to the horror to her brothers!). I listened in on her "play." The Mom announced that she had to go on a trip and she wouldn't be gone long. Then the "kid" (one of the Star Wars guys) said, "I'll go see Dad." Then the Dad enters with the sounds of Darth Vader.
At this point, I think to myself, "Wow, my daughter knows the sound that Darth Vader makes and apparently, Darth Vader is the Dad." Funny! Gave me a little giggle. AND I think, "What a versatile girl...she can play with 'girl toys' or 'boy toys' and have a grand time!"
Later, I asked her who the Dad was (expecting to see Darth Vader). She holds up Obi Won Kenobi. I asked why he was making Darth Vader noises. She explained that he wasn't; he was snoring. Apparently, all Dads snore. . .like Darth Vader.
1 comment:
OOohhhh...I hope baby four will do this for me! So far, Gavin seems to be interested in actually playing with toys, so maybe he and his sister can putter together!
Post a Comment