The coming of March means the coming of Dr. Seuss' birthday. Our school celebrates with an "I Love a Book" Parade. Each class makes a float about a book. The school band and the floats make their way down the hall of the school for the parade.
I'm a fan of Dr. Seuss books for the most part. Really, I'm a book lover in general. Something about collecting/reading books puts a smile on my face. Dr. Seuss books are quirky, yet easy to read. I can't tell you how many Dr. Seuss books I have memorized. Mostly, because I have read them a thousand times (no exaggeration there). Their simple rhyming patterns with not too many words on a page make them an endurable read for parent and child.
One of our most quoteable Dr. Seuss books is "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" As a young one, Trevor had us read that over and over. Now 10+ years later it still runs through my brain.
Jason came home with this cute Dr. Seuss hat from school. He wrote rhyming words on the hat. He was pretty proud of the hat and wore it to the school parade.
No comments:
Post a Comment