I read my brilliant niece's blog and it got me to thinking...(Her blog often does that.)
Anyway, she mentioned the need to read while eating cereal. I have that same problem and so does my oldest son. Cereal just doesn't taste the same unless you have a little "reading" to go along with it.
Why is that?
Have we been conditioned by the cereal box makers? There's always SOMETHING to read on the cereal box. (Course, the "healthy" cereal readings were never as engaging as the "less healthy" cereals.)
Was it years of reading cereal boxes that has conditioned me to think that I must read if I'm eating cereal?
Trevor doesn't have the "years of conditioning." He just has the poor example of his mother.
Chad, on the other hand, was taught NEVER to read at the table during meals. The cereal boxes were to be left on the counter...not on the table. He still tries to enforce that rule at our house. I'm afraid it's me that says "ah, crumb" (silently, of course) when he reminds us of this rule.
It's funny. I don't seem to feel the need to read when I eat other breakfasts foods...
So, this leads to a big first in our blog: a poll. Trevor is going to help me set it up. Make sure to vote in our cereal reading poll.
2 comments:
I voted! :) I'm definitely a breakfast reader.
"Course, the "healthy" cereal readings were never as engaging as the "less healthy" cereals."
Which creates a lifelong dilemma not only about which cereals to buy-- but also which to eat when you have some healthy options with sub-par reads on the back, or unhealthy options just waiting for you to soak in their cereal-esque entertainment. Hmm.
And thanks for calling me brilliant. If you couldn't tell from my last post, I've been kinda struggling with my writing lately, and you just made me feel so good. So yeah, thanks for making my day.
Love you! :)
Post a Comment