Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tooth Trouble


Wonder what happens when your knee collides with your very loose tooth? If you answered, it comes out...you are wrong. (By the way, that's YOUR OWN knee, not someone else's. I'm not sure if my knee can even touch my teeth.) In Jason's case, it went up into his gums. It was a tiny, little tooth anyway, but I could only see about a centimeter of it. I tried to get floss up around it and was able to bring it back down another centimeter. The tough little guy never cried. (I wanted to! )

Anyway, a call to the dentist landed us an emergency appointment just to make sure all was well. It also landed us an expensive bill that we wonder if the tooth fairy will take care of. The tooth came out with MUCH effort as the dentist said it was like a slippery pig. However, Jason the tough one, never fussed. He had to have a couple of shots. I asked if it hurt to which he replied, "Nah...well, I thought about crying, but then I got used to it." We were all pretty impressed with how little he fussed during the appointment. I think he's a better dental patient than me!

2 comments:

runningfan said...

I enjoyed all your updates, as usual! Who knew that a tooth could disappear like that? Loved your ideas for science fair projects!

Anonymous said...

Man, He is one tough kid! The science projects look like a lot of fun. When it comes time for my kids to do them I know who to call!