APPARENTLY, we have an open door policy at the Hancock House, but it looks like this:
| See those nice OPEN and abandoned cabinets? |
At my childhood home, an open cabinet ALWAYS got this response "Oh, looks like Grandma is here." My Grandma Smith was notorious (probably only in my home) for leaving the kitchen cupboards open. I'm pretty sure the left-open cabinets are a pet-peeve of my Mom's. She gave her response in humor, but we always knew we best get those doors closed. She even had my Dad trained. (In fact, I secretly suspect he was the reason for her "quote" as he was probably the first to leave the cabinets open before we were born.)
As I stare down the frustration of the open cabinets of my house, I had to draw a happy conclusion. (I couldn't steal my mom's...I needed something new.) So, I'm pretty sure my kids leave the cupboards open as a way of saying, "I love you, Mom and I just wanted to let you know it in a subtle way. After all, everytime you close a cupboard you will think of me and remember that I love you. The clank of the door as it closes is really the kid language word (in rapid speed) for 'I love you.'"
Right? That's what the open cupboard is REALLY saying, right?
Well, that's what I'm going to tell myself--as I'm pretty sure I'm the only one affected by the open doors. :0)
2 comments:
Beautiful kitchen!
Do lights left on mean the same thing? :) Maybe I'll go with that as I do my clean up routine after the kids leaving for school - every day.
Post a Comment