Sunday, May 3, 2009

Some Things You Can Always Count On

Sometimes it's just good to know that with all the variables in our daily lives that there are some constants. Take for instance, Jenna's shoes. It's just a given that IF (which is a big IF!) she is wearing shoes, they are going to be on the wrong feet. We've attempted to correct this issue countless times with countless creative ways...but to no avail. I've come to the conclusion that maybe she prefers them on the wrong feet. Surely this can't be comfortable??

AND then (I know I started a sentence with "And"--sorry grammar guros!) once I succumbed to the notion that shoes on the wrong feet are the norm, she started to put them on the right feet. I cried. Not tears of joy. You would think I would shout for joy that my "teachings" had finally sunken in. Instead, I cried knowing the innocence of "shoes on the wrong feet" are gone. My little girl is growing up. A new norm has been born.

Every now and then, I see the shoes on the wrong feet and I smile. Aw, the good old days when things were constant.

1 comment:

runningfan said...

The shoes are dang cute, even if they're on the wrong feet! Save 'em for me? ;)