I received many kind and generous gifts for Mother's Day. Candy bars instead of a plant was a relief to a girl who has no green thumb. Since May is my month of eating healthy (long story, but it's working...) My kids were MORE than excited to eat a portion of my chocolate. I was relieved to share my temptation.
The kids and Chad all gave me great cards (LOVE them! - the people and the cards). Matt make a cool plaque in scouts for me. Jason make a cool wall hanging. He was supposed to draw a picture of his mom and say things his mom likes. He said he chose to draw an alien instead (a pretty scary-looking alien). However, he neglected to inform the teacher of this. On the back of the alien picture, it says, "A picture of my Mom." If blogger will accept my picts this week, I'll try to add the picture for all's enjoyment.
Now we come to the impossible gift: I got an idea from a friend about the greatest Mother's Day gift. I requested it from my family. I knew it would stretch them and require much sacrifice on their part. I felt they were up to the challenge and that it would make the ultimate Mother's Day. I asked for a day with no fighting, no arguing, only speaking kindness to one another. (I know, big request.) Turns out...it was impossible. I think we've had more fighting (from the younger two) than we usually have in a day. Trev and Matt have done pretty well. Jas and Jen, well, you wouldn't believe the silly things they have been fighting about today. Neither one of them has been willing to back down...they're so head strong (can't imagine where they got that from!) So, I am making my own peace today. They fight, they have to leave the room. Simple as that.
1 comment:
I think that you may notice the fighting more because you requested them not to. Nice thought anyway.
Post a Comment