Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sheer Chaos

Notice how my blog title mentions "chaos," well, that was this week for us! Getting back from the coast on Monday and starting school on Tuesday left me a crazy lady. Add in 3 boys in with soccer schedules and things weren't looking so pretty. I'm happy to report that as the week went by I made some organization to our lives/home and I can handle life a little better. I forgot that getting back to the school schedules is sometimes...rough.

Chad, Trevor, and Matt went to the big BYU vs. Washington game on Saturday. They woke at 6am so they would have NO chance of being late. Can't miss the kick off! The game was a good one and well worth the long trip to Seattle. All thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Meanwhile, the "J's" (Julie, Jenna, and Jason) went to a swim party for one of Jason's friends and had a fun day. Jason was also thrilled to play mom in the wii with no brothers interferring.

On Labor Day weekend, we ran away to the Coast. It was Chad's idea and I have to admit...it was a good one. it was great to spend time with the kids. After I adjusted to letting the kids play freely in the ocean (ever the protector...I know), we all enjoyed the sand and the (freezing!!) cold water.

The highlight for the weekend was finding shells and rocks to bring home for our collections. Julie's fav was starting the fire on the beach (when Chad had run to the beach house for "Scout Juice." Us girl scouts don't need no scout juice to start a fire. I think Chad was surprised to see a roaring fire when he returned. He's thinking of turning in Julie's name for "Survivor"...if she can bring a box of matches along.

No comments: