Sunday, April 4, 2010

H-E-R-E

Well, we're in. We're here. All of our belongings are under one roof. We've found "homes" for most of the junk, yet still have boxes with contents yet to be revealed. (Frankly, there are some that I don't want to open...)

Now that "my" belongings are taking up space in the new house, I have to say: I like the house. It has a great floor plan. It fits our family nicely. It feels nice.

We still have many adjustments to make, but that's to be expected.

I did take my youngest (my baby, if you will) to the Kindergarten Orientation this week. I'm not sure which was more disturbing: the fact that I was taking my youngest to kindergarten OR that I was being introduced to a school where I didn't know the people and they didn't know me. I gladly went on a tour of the school that was offered.

One part of the change I wasn't expecting: enjoying the drive from the "old school" with the kids. Fifteen minutes in the car right after school gives us plenty of time to catch up on the daily happenings.

It's been a crazy week. Often I wasn't sure what day/time it was. I've learned that living without a phone can be painful, but survivable (curse you, phone service that starts with a C!). We've had many angels/fairies busily at work on our house. For everyone's physical & emotional support, I've been extremely grateful.

Conference is back on. Time for some spiritual inspiration...

1 comment:

runningfan said...

Congratulations on surviving the transition -- at least the physical one. Best of luck as the emotional transition ensues.

I'm hoping for pictures soon!