Sunday, February 14, 2010

If You Had Told Me Then...

Hello little long lost blog. Yes, you have been abandoned. In fact, it's just not you. The laptop has been abandoned this week. The children may also be feeling a bit on the back burner.

You see, it appears that we are moving. Why? Well, that's a long story. I started to type it out and realized how late it was. Too late for long stories. Too late for stories that bring the emotions to the surface. It's a good kind of move in that we are choosing to do it (not being forced into it). However, it's a sad kind of move in that we are putting distance between our dear friends, ward family, and neighbors.

It's a decision that has been building for about 3 years. I can now see in retrospect how I was being prepared for this change...especially in the last 6 months. However, it did all fall together quickly in a matter of days. If you had told me a month ago that I would be on THIS path, I would have NEVER believed you.

I've spent the past two weeks getting my cute little cottage ready to sell. I've been granted "working" angels who made this all possible. I cannot even begin to tell you of the generosity and work ethic of my sweet parents. They have spent nearly everyday working on my house. There is no way I would have survived this week without them. What an incredible blessing they have been!

We will finalize more details this week. There is a large path of "unknown" in my way, but I am amazingly feeling peace. (SO unlike me! I'm not particularly fond of unknown paths.)

I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who cannot always remove our obstacles, but can grant us the tools to make it through.

Although I feel good about the move, I still feel pain/sorrow in accepting the "change." So for now, I stock my car with tissues, because that's when the tears seem to surface.

More later...

3 comments:

runningfan said...

Good luck!!! I cry in the car, too... :)

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you!! I am glad Mom and Dad are there to help out!

Mary said...

where, where, where are you moving? I remember that "cry in the car" feeling. And I'd get homesick in the grocery stores - nothing's like Winco - except Winco. :)