This picture does NOT do this story justice as half of "the family" is missing...but the picture will help make sense of the following story:
Ah, Miss Jenna...a little mama in the making. Yesterday, as Chad, the boys, and I played a splendid game of Ticket to Ride, Miss Jenna was playing ever so creatively. We noticed that she repeatedly made trips up and down the stairs. Consumed in the game, we didn't realize what exactly SHE was up to. Until, she proudly announced that she had gathered "the family." We turned around to see all her little dolls/stuffed animals carefully tucked into their "beds" with a specific little blankie. She had used an assortment of baskets, carriers, and boxes to make the beds.
Imagine a line-up of eight to ten little beds. (She'd been busy!). Well, "the family" had to travel everywhere with her...which made for lots of trips. We all volunteered to help "the family" make it up to her room for bedtime...so as to not delay bedtime for Jenna. :-)
After Jenna was tucked into her bed, I went downstairs. Later that night, I returned upstairs for something and saw that Miss Jenna had snuck out of her bed and had lined up "the family" outside her room.
Today, I have found "the family" all lined-up various places inside (and outside) our house! I love that she is developing her "MAMA" skills...oh, but the mess that is left in the wake!!!! I wonder if my mom would say the same thing about me today!
Ah, Miss Jenna...a little mama in the making. Yesterday, as Chad, the boys, and I played a splendid game of Ticket to Ride, Miss Jenna was playing ever so creatively. We noticed that she repeatedly made trips up and down the stairs. Consumed in the game, we didn't realize what exactly SHE was up to. Until, she proudly announced that she had gathered "the family." We turned around to see all her little dolls/stuffed animals carefully tucked into their "beds" with a specific little blankie. She had used an assortment of baskets, carriers, and boxes to make the beds.
Imagine a line-up of eight to ten little beds. (She'd been busy!). Well, "the family" had to travel everywhere with her...which made for lots of trips. We all volunteered to help "the family" make it up to her room for bedtime...so as to not delay bedtime for Jenna. :-)
After Jenna was tucked into her bed, I went downstairs. Later that night, I returned upstairs for something and saw that Miss Jenna had snuck out of her bed and had lined up "the family" outside her room.
Today, I have found "the family" all lined-up various places inside (and outside) our house! I love that she is developing her "MAMA" skills...oh, but the mess that is left in the wake!!!! I wonder if my mom would say the same thing about me today!
1 comment:
This was so Shaylin at this age! Except she called the family, "her stuffs." We couldn't go anywhere until she got her "stuffs." It about killed me, but had to remember she was learning to be a good little momma, and she did eventually outgrow it. I love it that Jenna is such a cute momma to "her family." What a sweetie. She's growing up too fast, though!
Post a Comment